- 1 Meta pixel: Your advertising buddy
- 2 How to set up and install Meta pixel
- 3 Benefits of setting up Meta pixel for your business
- 4 Event tracking using Metal pixel
- 5 In Summary
Every business, whether they are a big corporation or small or medium-scale business (SME) is constantly seeking better ways to optimize their online space and create an effective system that will enable them to attract, keep and retain online customers.
One of the ways they do this is by setting up and installing Meta pixel. Meta pixel formerly known as Facebook pixel (FB pixel) is an analytical service that enables you to track the activities of your website visitors. It curates their preferred activities which you can optimize in your ads and product offerings.
Meta pixel is crucial to online businesses and ad placement and provides a great option to see who is looking at what on your site. If you are interested in increasing your online visibility and business growth, this article highlights how to set up and install meta pixel and why you should consider it for your business.
Meta pixel: Your advertising buddy
The emergence of social media led to an increase in online businesses. With the various channels available, you can easily set up your online presence and carefully watch users’ activities on your site. One effective method to do this is by installing and setting up Meta pixel on your website.
Advertising can be a futile waste of human and material resources if there are no tangible results that will influence future placement. What Meta pixel does is enable you to target the right audience, increase the conversion rate and measure the performance of your ad.
When you set up a Meta pixel on your website, a tracking pixel which is a 1×1 graphic activates any time a user searches your website. This tool sends a piece of encrypted information to Facebook; specifying who is visiting and the actions they are taking.
According to Meta Business Help Center, You can use the Meta pixel to:
- Make sure that your ads are shown to the right people. Find new customers or people who have visited a specific page or taken a desired action on your website.
- Drive more sales. Set up automatic bidding to reach people who are more likely to take an action that you care about, such as making a purchase.
- Measure the results of your ads. Better understand the impact of your ads by measuring what happens when people see them.
How to set up and install Meta pixel
If you want the installation of Meta pixel to be successful, you need a website for your business and you must be able to update your website’s code.
Before you venture into setting up Meta pixel, you should create an account on the Facebook business manager if you don’t have one in place. A Facebook business manager is integral to ad placement both on Facebook and Instagram.
Afterward, from your business manager, you can go on to set up meta pixel using the steps below:
In your Business Manager, follow these steps to set up Meta pixel:
- Open Business Settings.
- Choose your business.
- Click on Data Sources.
- Choose pixels.
- Click on the + Add button.
- Write in the name of the pixel. This is to avoid a mix-up in the future.
- Optional: enter the URL of your website (you can use only one pixel for each verified domain name).
- Click Continue.
- Click Set up the pixel Now to install the Meta pixel.
Benefits of setting up Meta pixel for your business
- Boosting sales: One amazing thing you can achieve with Meta pixel is to create ads for a lookalike audience. Since you already have information on a specific user, you can formulate and plan subsequent campaigns with this information for users with similar tastes and preferences.
- Ad performance measurement: One of the benefits you will enjoy with Meta pixel is the ability to effectively measure ad performance. You can track which ad is performing better than others and use the parameters on future campaigns.
- Cross-device potential: Whether your user is using their mobile phone at the moment or opting for their computer, it doesn’t stop the conversion potential in Meta pixel. You can track their activity on both devices and strategize accordingly.
- Retargeting: With meta pixel, you can re-target your ads to users who already initiated an intention to buy. If someone already added a book to their cart but hasn’t made payment yet, you can target such a user for ads centered on the book.
- It is cost-effective: With Meta pixel, advertising efforts can be utilized effectively. You can create an ad budget and stick to it because every ad performance is monitored and evaluated.
- This tool also makes it easy to publish the right content your users are looking for on your website.
- With Meta pixel, you don’t have to worry about audience targeting, as it provides an accurate and insightful opportunity to present your desired online messages to specific users.
Event tracking using Metal pixel
An event is an action that people take on your website. If you’ve already installed Meta pixel on your website, you can use the event setup tool to add events and parameters without adding code. There are 17 Facebook events you can track. They include:
- Purchase: When a user has bought something from your online store.
- Lead: When someone signs up for a free trial and submits their email or survey.
- Complete registration: When a user has completed your registration form.
- Add payment information: When someone has filled in payment details on your online store.
- Add to cart: When someone has added a product to the cart on your online store.
- Add to wishlist: When a user adds a product to the wishlist.
- Initiate checkout: When a user has begun a checkout process
- Search: When someone uses the search field on your website
- View content: When someone has visited a certain page.
- Contact: When a user has contacted your business.
- Customize product: When someone has requested a modified version of your product
- Donate: When someone has donated to your initiative
- Find a location: When a person has searched for the address of your location
- Schedule: A person has scheduled a meeting or booked an appointment to meet.
- Start trial: When someone begins a trial period of your product.
- Apply: When someone has submitted an online application.
- Subscribe: When a user subscribes to your product or service.
Advertising is at the core of the online business and hence it is imperative to dedicate enough time and resources to the optimum results. One way to do this effectively is to install and set up Meta pixel on your site. You can track the activities of users, design product offerings to suit your audience, and measure the success rate of every ad. While this may sound simple, it might be overwhelming to the non-initiate business owner with no technology background.
To ensure you are not lagging on proactive steps to boosting online visibility, finding a social media marketing team to help you get started is your best bet. We are committed to giving you a worthy digital experience that will translate to better sales results. Whether you are starting or already in business, our team can assist you in optimizing your digital space.
We are a team of seasoned digital and marketing experts who can assist you with setting up and installing Meta pixel for your e-commerce and digital marketing needs. We can work with your in-house team or do all the work, whatever you wish. For inquiries, speak to one of our team members today at 0420 232 154.